Roasting a squash can seem daunting. It takes up a lot of space in your oven and it is a beast to cut in half! But squash is such a delicious side, relatively inexpensive, and has some great health benefits. We are here to help you level up your squash game, and do it with ease!
How to Prepare:
- Start by preheating your oven to 375 degrees F.
- With a large knife, cut your squash in half. If it is butternut, make sure it is cut lengthwise.
- Scoop out all the seeds and goop on the inside. You can either toss it in your green bin, or rinse and roast the seeds for later!
- Next bring your squash over to a baking dish. Place it in cut side up and begin brushing with olive oil or melted butter. Be sure to coat the entire surface of the squash.
- Time to roast! Pop it in the oven for approx. 45 minutes or until you can poke it with a fork smoothly.
- Once ready, remove your squash from the oven and have fun dressing it up with any of your favourite Sachili flavours!
Oh GOURD this is a good recipe.